Year 6 to 7 Transition & Induction
As a Barking and Dagenham School, The Warren School’s admission arrangements fall within the current Local Authority policy. The LA administers admissions for the new Year 7 intake.
The school’s Planned Admission Number (PAN) is 240 for each year group in Years 7 – 11.
Details of how to apply are available, on request, from the school. Please contact us if you would like more information.
To visit the Barking and Dagenham Council website for admissions, please use the link below.
If you are planning to choose The Warren School as a preference for your child moving from year 6 to 7, then please contact the local authorities’ cohort transition team if you have any questions.
Year 6 Induction
For parents/carers who have current Year 6 students joining us in September, we are delighted that you have chosen to entrust your child’s continued education to the staff at The Warren School and are looking forward to a building strong partnership with you.
There are a number of events that you will want to put in your calendar for your son/daughter’s induction to The Warren:
- 23rd June 2022 - 1 to 1 Interviews with a member of staff– 10 minutes interviews at The Warren School for all parents and pupils to cover school expectations, curriculum, uniform and to answer any queries. You will receive a letter with details of the time.
- 1st July 2022 - Year 6 Taster Day - details below
- Monday 6th July 2022, 3.45pm to 4.45pm - Welcome Evening to meet you child's new form tutor .
Your attendance at the interview day is really important in helping ease your child’s transition into secondary school and we look forward to welcoming you.
Year 6 Induction Day
Our Year 6 Induction Day will be on Friday 1st July. This is when all of our new intake will experience a typical school day.
These are the details:
- All pupils should arrive at The Warren School by 9.05am and their day will finish at approximately 3.00pm. You will be able to collect your child from the front of the school;
- Pupils are requested to wear their normal school uniform and, for health and safety reasons, we will not allow any jewellery except for a wristwatch;
- Lunch will be provided for all students although, if your child has particular dietary requirements, then please feel free to provide them with a packed lunch;
- Pupils are asked to wear trainers in case they have a timetabled PE lesson at some stage throughout the day. There will be an opportunity for a tour of the school at 9.15am for any parents/carers who would like to see our school in session, as well as a chance to ask questions to staff.
Successful education is the product of a partnership between home and school. We look forward to developing our partnership to achieve excellence for your child.
Open Evening 2022
Our Open Evening for parents of prospective Year 7 students for September 2023 is on Thursday 6th October 2022 5-7pm.
We would like to invite parents/carers to visit the school to meet the Headteacher, subject teachers and our students.
The school will be open for tours from 5pm to 7pm and the Headteacher will be speaking at 6pm.