Sport is at the heart of school life providing every student with the opportunity to fulfil their dreams, aspirations and need to have a physically active lifestyle.
Extensive grounds and facilities enable a wide variety of sports to be played with the opportunity to take part in many extra-curricular clubs available to all students.
The curriculum provides the students with the opportunity to develop their skills, understanding and interest in a host sporting experiences.
The department has eight highly qualified and enthusiastic physical education teachers ably supported by a number of specialist sports coaches from local professional clubs and national sporting governing bodies. This wealth of experience allows students to have the opportunities to compete at year, district, county, regional, and national level.
At the heart of our philosophy is the desire to provide each of our students with the opportunity to access high quality physical education in our warm and friendly community.
We firmly believe that learning extends beyond the classroom and everyone is encouraged to participate to develop their skills and also to understand the importance of an active healthy lifestyle and the value of working as part of a team.
Our vision is to offer a differentiated programme of movement and sport which ensures that all students:
- develop skills to excel in a broad range of physical activities;
- are physically active for sustained periods of time;
- engage in competitive sports and activities;
- understand the importance of personal health, fitness and safety and lead healthy, active lives;
- foster a lifetime love of sport.
Students have the opportunity to take the following Advanced Level & BTEC National Sport Courses in the Warren 6th Form;
- BTEC National Foundation Certificate in Sport (= 1 A Level)
These courses will enable students to study a variety of sport related degrees at university;
- Degree in Sports Studies
- Degree in Sports Science
- Degree in Physical Education
- Degree in Sports Coaching
- Degree in Sports Management
- Degree in Physiotherapy (When combined with science A Level)