Choosing the best GCSE options for students to excel in their studies and progress along their desired career path.
The options process is overseen by Ms Ashe, Deputy Headteacher, and Mr Adams, Achievement Team Leader for Year 9. The steps in the process include:
- Letter sent to parents setting out detail of the Options Process
- Options Assemblies where presentations are made to students setting out the subjects available at GCSE
- Year 10 prefects to visit Year 9 tutor groups to explain their experiences and answer any questions about the Options Process students may have
- Detailed Options booklet prepared by CTLs to be provided to parents and students
- Taster lessons offered to students, including subjects not taught before Year 10 including Sociology, Media, and Business.
- Thursday 1st February – Year 9 Parents’ Evening. A chance to meet with students’ subject teachers to discuss their progress and potential at GCSE level
- Monday 19th February 3.45-4.45pm – Year 9 Curriculum Evening. This is an opportunity for students and their family to discuss the options they may choose with members of staff
- Monday 26th March – Deadline for Options choices
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Adams, Achievement Team Leader for Year 9, on 020 8270 4500.