Year 7 Football Achievement

Year 7 Football vs Sydney Russell

This was the boys first game since joining the Warren school with only 2 training sessions to prepare. The boys had promising start to the game in which saw them having an indirect free kick within the first 5 minutes of the game. Unfortunately, the ball went marginally over the bar to keep the game at 0-0. Warren proved they wanted to win this match dominating possession but was struggling to find the back of the net with several chances being saved.

The second half started and unfortunately a ball that split the defence was utilised by Sydney Russell to go 1-0 up. Quickly after this the year 7’s had an unlucky own goal to go 2-0 which they did not deserve to then have a ball over the top and go 3-0 within 10 minutes which saw the game off. The year 7’s worked incredibly hard and dominated possession but unfortunately it just wasn’t their day.


Year 7 Football vs City Academy Hackney

This was the first round of the London cup and a few new faces added to the squad saw changes to be made in the side. The year 7’s started shaky with City showing they wanted to be there holding possession and put some strong challenges in. With the Warren adjusting to the physicality of City they got the ball down and started to play football… With 15 minutes played a corner kick to city and some questionable marking from The Warren saw City finish their chance putting them 1-0 up.

Warren quickly responded though with some great teamwork and a shot that was saved but Micah Robinson saw the rebound and took his chance to make it 1-1 with 5 minutes to go within the half. Miquel Meade wanted to make sure that before half time Warren was 2-1 up and he slotted the ball home in the bottom corner to do so. Both teams came out at half time wanting to advance with end to end action being played. Warren wanted to secure the game early by going 3-1 within 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, another costly error saw City get a goal back to make it 3-2 and Warren started to look like they could let the goal run away from them. With 10 minutes to play, a free kick was awarded to Warren in which Olotoju and Miquel linked up to put the ball in the back of the net. Warren started to defend making sure they advanced to the next round. With 60 seconds to play City scored a goal from 20 yards out but unfortunately the time was too late for them to advance to the next round.

The year 7’s showed great team work and determination within the match and deserved to go through to the next round. Well done Year 7