What is it?
- The BAD Youth Forum is a youth project for anyone aged 13-19 (up to 25 with an additional need)
- We welcome anybody! You don’t have to be a public speaker, you just have to want to get involved
- We work on projects and campaigns that young people say are important and we aim to do something about it to make the borough a better place for young people
- EVERYBODY has something to say about their local area, good or bad, and we want to hear from you
- Every year Barking and Dagenham (BAD) Youth Forum invite schools and youth group to participate
- Schools have a democratic election using official ballot papers and ballot boxes
- Anyone over the age of 13 can nominate themselves
- Youth workers from Barking and Dagenham Youth Service will be in The Warren School on 6th and 7th November
- We will speak to you some more about the forum during break and lunch times
- If you have any questions feel free to ask us
- To nominate yourself you just need to fill out a short form and we will give you information to take away with you
- If you change your mind after, you can contact us to let us know
Before the elections:
- Elections take place the week beginning 15th January for the whole week
- All candidates are welcome to write a manifesto which can be displayed around the school- template available on our website lbbd.gov.uk – search for BAD Youth Forum and you will see the link at the bottom of the page
- Encourage people to vote for you- why do you think you are the right person to represent people from your school on the BAD Youth Forum?
Election Week- 15-19th January 2018
- ALL pupils are allowed to vote
- Remember to keep telling people why they should vote for you!
- At the end of the week, all of the ballot boxes will be collected from your school and the votes counted
- Young people who have been elected will receive a phone call. Information about what happens next will be sent home
We look forward to reading your manifestos.
Mr Racon and the B.A.D Youth Forum Team.